- 200g pitted dates
- 250ml boiling water
- 50g almond butter
- 200g rolled oats
- 30g bran flakes
- 40g raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 50g mixed nuts, chopped (almonds/pecans/peanuts)
- 40g dairy free dark chocolate
- Grease and line a 20x20cm tin with parchment and pre heat oven to 180°c.
- Add the dates to a pan and pour over the boiling water, simmer for 5 minutes, mashing and stirring the dates with a fork until a thick paste forms, stir in the almond butter and then set aside.
- In a large bowl add the remaining ingredients, except the dark chocolate, and mix together, breaking up any bigger bran flakes with your hands.
- Add the date mixture into the bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Press into prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing from the tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the bars then place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.