WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? Start my 7 Day Free Trial >
Vegan Blackbean Stir Fry
For the sauce:
- 200g tinned blackbeans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you don’t have this)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 300g seitan (we used a jar by Biona)
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 200g rice noodles
- 200g stir fry veg of choice (pak choi, spinach, kale, pea shoots all work well)
- ½ cup radish, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Drain the Seitan in a sieve and dry completely with kitchen roll. Place in a bowl with the flour and mix until all of the seitan is coated in flour.
- In a blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients, adding a little water if needed to loosen up, until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the oil to the wok and stir fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes, then add the seitan.
- After another couple of minutes, add the sauce and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has warmed through.
- Cook the noodles per the packet instructions then serve up
- Top with chilli if you prefer an extra kick.
Some supermarkets stock Seitan to buy but you can make it yourself at home if you prefer, it just takes a little additional prep.