- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they have doubled in size and form soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, egg yolk, milk and baking powder to a thick paste.
- Add the egg white a bit at a time and carefully fold in, ensuring you don’t knock out all of the air.
- Microwave the frozen raspberries for around a minute and mash with a fork until they resemble a coulis, gently mix this into the pancake mixture but not so that it is fully combined, you want a marble effect with the raspberries.
- Using spray oil in a good non-stick frying pan, heat the pan and use a ladle to spoon in the pancake mix. Leave for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for another minute or so on the other side. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Stack the pancakes with your fillings and toppings of choice and enjoy!
This would also work with blueberries or blackberries so you can tweak the flavours depending on the season!