Oaty Breakfast Muffins
- 150g oats (with more to sprinkle on top)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Blend oats into a fine powder and mix in a bowl with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
- Mix together the mashed banana, egg, milk, vanilla extract and honey in a separate bowl.
- Combine the two mixtures until you have a smooth batter, then add in the blueberries and mix again.
- Split your mixture evenly between six cupcake cases, then sprinkle over some additional oats to add a crunch to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cakes are springy and golden brown on top.
These muffins are perfect if you’re on the go and the fibre should keep you full all morning. Of course you can replace the blueberries with any other fillings you have to hand to keep them interesting from week to week!