WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? Start my 7 Day Free Trial >
Blackbean Buddha Bowl
- 60g dry quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400g tinned blackbeans, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup kale
- 100g tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Coriander and chilli (to serve)
- Start by cooking the quinoa, in a small pan add the dry quinoa with enough water to cover by about 1cm, add the stock cube, cover with a lid and cook at low/medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, add the blackbeans, vinegar, chipotle, honey and paprika to a frying pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff up the quinoa with a fork and add the juice of half a lime, along with some chopped coriander.
- Make a salsa using the tomatoes, onion and sweetcorn, squeezing in the juice of the remaining half a lime.
- Steam the kale either on the hob or in the microwave, then start to assemble.
- Start with the quinoa and kale at the bottom of the bowls, then add the salsa and blackbeans, followed by some sliced avocado, extra coriander and chilli.
This is quite spicy so feel free to reduce the amount of chipotle and increase the maple syrup if you’d like to cool it down a little!