Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
- 225g oat flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 230ml oat milk
- 230ml boiling water
- 50g vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 210g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 170g almond butter
- 20g cocoa powder
- 70g maple syrup
- 30ml oat milk
- Pinch cinnamon
- Fresh berries, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and grease 2 x 8” cake tins with low calorie spray.
2. To make the oat flour, add 225g rolled oats to a food processor and blitz until a fine flour forms.
3. Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and mix together.
4. In a separate bowl add the oat milk, boiling water, melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir together.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until just incorporated.
6. Pour the batter evenly into prepared tins and bake for 22-24 minutes.
7. Place the tins on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tins and placing back on the wire rack to cool completely.
8. To make the frosting add all the frosting ingredients to a bowl and beat well until combined.
9. Once the sponges are cooled, carefully place one sponge onto a serving plate, spread a 1/3 of frosting, evenly over the sponge. Place the second sponge on top and spread the remaining frosting on. Decorate with berries.