Salted Caramel Cashew Cookie
- 20g unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 15ml maple syrup
- 15g cashew butter
- Pinch of salt
- 7g unsalted butter (or coconut oil), softened
- 40ml maple syrup
- 70g cashew butter
- 1 tsp salted caramel flavouring
- 70g porridge oats
- 25g ground almonds
1. In a small sauce pan, add the caramel ingredients and melt together on a low heat. Bring to the boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Take off the heat and poor into a small bowl. Allow to cool slightly then place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 170.
3. Add all the cookie ingredients to large bowl, and mix until a thick, sticky batter forms.
4. Divide the batter into 8 equal size balls.
5. Carefully cut the frozen caramel into 8 chunks.
6. Using your thumb, making a hole in each ball and place a caramel piece in the centre. Using your hand, flatten into a disc shape, allowing some of the caramel to still be visible and place onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 minutes, until slightly golden and gooey.
8. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.