Salmon and Egg Protein Pots
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 tomato
- Chopped Dill (to serve)
- Cook the salmon fillet as per the pack instructions and leave to cool to one side.
- In the meantime, ensure the eggs are room temperature before cooking by leaving them in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the room temperature eggs carefully to avoid any cracking. Set a time for between 5-7 minutes (depending how well you like them cooked, 6 minutes is the ideal length of time for a cooked white and runny yolk).
- When the time is up, quickly transfer the eggs into a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Leave to cool while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- In your Tupperware of choice, layer a cup of spinach at the bottom, top with half of the tomato, flake in half of the salmon and sprinkle over the dill.
- Carefully peel the eggs and add one to each pot.
These will last in an airtight container for a couple of days so make the perfect snack for a working day. For a more cost efficient option, you can always swap the salmon fillet for a tin of tuna!