WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? Start my 7 Day Free Trial >
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 200g dried wholegrain rice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g tahini
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray, then add the onion, garlic, peppers and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, thyme, oregano, cumin and paprika and stir to coat everything in the spices
- Add the rice and the vegetable stock, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Add the chickpeas, kidney beans and tahini then cook for a further 3-5 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced.