- Drain the tofu by chopping into bitesize chunks, place into a colander. Layer kitchen paper on top followed by something heavy to weight it down, like a tin or a jar. Leave this for up to an hour to really get all the liquid out of the tofu, this is a really important step to make sure you get the right texture.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onion in the olive oil for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add the pepper, mushrooms, cumin, chilli powder, paprika and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Finally add the tofu, mix and leave to cook while you prepare the salsa.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- Assemble the tacos by layering some spinach (optional) with the taco mixture, followed by the salsa then wrap and enjoy.
These can work really well as a lunch option but it is better to wrap just before you want to eat, so if you want to take into work for lunch, take the components separately and assemble on the go.