- Fry the chorizo and onion together in a pan on low heat (if you have a good non-stick frying pan you shouldn’t need any oil here as the chorizo provide the oil for cooking in).
- Once softened, add the pepper along with the garlic, seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin and mix well, leave to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the basmati rice and mix well, after letting it steam in the cooking juices for about a minute, add the chopped tomatoes, stock and the bay leaf, mix well and cover. Cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked (based on the packet instructions).
- Remove the lid and add the prawns, spinach, cauliflower rice and a handful of chopped parsley (if using), mix and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes until the prawns are cooked through (they should be opaque and pink in colour) and the cooking liquid has reduced down.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of parsley and enjoy.
This dish is a firm family favourite so perfect for New Years Day, especially as its fairly low maintenance and can be ready in under half an hour. It does also make a perfect meal prep option for lunches, just store in airtight Tupperware in the fridge.