- First start by draining and drying off the chickpeas, sit them on some kitchen roll and dab the top with another piece to remove the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, garam masala, mild curry powder, garlic and ginger and cook for 5-6 minutes until the onion softens and the spices infuse.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas, mix well so they are all coated in spices and cook for a further few minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and chopped tomatoes, mix well and cover. Allow to cook on a low heat for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- To thicken the sauce, scoop half of the potatoes with a little of the liquid into a blender and blend until smooth, add back into the curry mix and stir.
- Add the spinach and a handful of chopped coriander and stir carefully until it has wilted, then squeeze over the juice of one lime.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice per the pack instructions and stir in a small handful of chopped coriander and the juice of half a lime.
- Serve up with some more coriander and enjoy!
This recipe makes quite a mild curry for those who don’t love the spice but feel free to add a hot curry powder or some cayenne pepper to give it a kick!