Chicken Katsu Curry
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium egg
- 60g porridge oats
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 x garlic cloves, minced
- 160g carrot, sliced
- 70g sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 20ml light soy sauce
- 300ml chicken stock
1 pack of microwave wholegrain rice
- Preheat oven to 200°C and add a sheet of baking parchment to a baking sheet.
- Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the carrot, sweet potato, curry powder, garam masala, turmeric and soy sauce to the pan and cook for 1 minute, allowing everything to be coated with the spices.
- Pour in the chicken stock, then simmer until the carrot and sweet potato are cooked.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the chicken breasts to two separate freezer bags and using a rolling pin, bash the meat out until it is 2-3cm thick.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and add the oats, to a plate.
- One at a time, remove the chicken from the bags, coat in the egg mixture then roll in the oats until covered, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then spray with low calorie spray. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and chicken is cooked.
- Once the carrot and sweet potato is soft, remove the sauce from the heat and using a stick blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions, divide between the two plates, followed by the curry sauce then slice up each chicken breast and add on top of the sauce.