- In a wide based frying pan, sauté the red onion, pepper, courgette and chicken in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes
- Add the paella rice, mixed herbs and turmeric, then mix together so the rice is fully coated in all the lovely vegetable juices and herby flavours.
- Add the stock alongside the saffron and cook until the rice has absorbed the liquid, around 10-15 minutes (but check the packet of the specific rice you are using!)
- Add the prawns and frozen peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through, but be careful not to overcook.
- Top with parsley and serve alongside a wedge of lemon
Frozen prawns are a great inexpensive option, I defrost in a bowl of warm water before cooking. Frozen vegetables are also a perfect alternative, helping you reduce waste and save money while still packing in the veggie goodness!