- Put your chicken in either a sandwich bag or between two pieces of greaseproof paper and bash with a rolling pin until it’s an even width all the way along, this is optional but makes for a much better shaped kiev.
- Score a line down the centre of the underside of the chicken lengthways, being careful not to pierce the whole way through.
- Fill the score with the pesto and mozzarella, then envelop the chicken to keep the mix inside.
- Turn the chicken over so that the seal is at the bottom, then brush the chicken breast with the olive oil and egg, then sprinkle over the almonds.
- Wrap the kiev in a foil parcel and bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with greens of choice.
This would make a great dinner party dish, you can prepare the chicken parcels earlier in the day and keep them in the fridge ready to be cooked later!