Make lemon & lime your friend in the kitchen... and at the Cocktail bar 😏... this summer! 🍋🍸
With their intense flavour and whole host of health and dietary benefits, it's good to know when and where you can add citrus to your life!
Here are my 7 ways of how you can add citrus to your summer:
The G&T slice
-I love a G&T classic with a squeeze of extra lemon!
- The Tequila Shot - With less calories than vodka, tequila is a great choice in some aspects. But can make for very bad choices, if you have one too many 😖😁😂
- In the mix! - Why not add a portion of lemon or lime to your smoothie. I find this works with lots of different smoothies, but you have to judge it.
- As the dressing - Whether your making Salad or preparing your green veg, lemon juice is king for lifting and changing the flavour! If I'm cooking with butter or using oil, I always add in some lemon juice for a kick.
- Hydr8 - Why not add some citrus flavour to your water? A simple squeeze and dunk is all it takes to create a refreshing workout or anytime thirst quencher. I prefer Lime in mine! 😊
Instead of your regular brew - Yeah, I know giving up the first coffee of the day is taboo for some of us. But if you can, first thing in the morning is a great time for a hot lemon.
- To get you going again - Lots of us get constipated from time to time, especially I find after flying. Drinking some lemon juice before and during a flight should alleviate this, or as soon as you realise it's an issue.
Want to get your hands on more tips and tricks? Sign up to day for free to our Fitness, Food & Mindset membership to get access to 8 workout programmes, 1000+ workout programmes, 600+ delicious recipes and tonnes of nutritional advice!