The Health and Fitness Goals You Should Be Aiming For!

June 27, 2019
Gem Blight

It seems that everywhere we look these days, we are told what our health and fitness goals should be 🎯 Most of these goals are contradictory and it is impossible to achieve them all at once! Not to mention the goals used to sell products with unfounded and often dangerous consequences (we're talking to YOU skinny teas and coffees! ☕❌)


From social media platforms to magazines, billboards to TV adverts, email marketing to the products on the shelves in the high street: it can all be a bit too much and overwhelming to truly know what goals we should be aiming for.


Remember, your goals are YOURS and yours alone - whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, improve your fitness levels or whatever else; these goals will help you to achieve your own personal aims ❤ So here's a break down of what we feel are realistic, affordable and achievable goals to help you with creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle daily, weekly and monthly! 


Daily 🎯

💦 Aim for a minimum of 1.5 litres of water per day to help you stay energized, keep your body hydrated and allow you better concentration when getting your day to day tasks done.


🧘‍♀ Practice mindfulness (5 minutes will do!) to take some intentional time to reflect, focus your thoughts and mentally set yourself up for your day.


💤 Getting enough sleep will allow you to be more productive in your day and will contribute towards your efforts in leading a healthy, balanced lifestyle.


📖 Switch off the technology before bed and spend 30 minutes getting stuck into your favourite book! This helps your brain and body relax into bed before it's lights out for a solid night of snooze!


Weekly 🎯

🏋‍♀ Aim for 3 - 4 workouts per week, around 30 - 60 minutes long, suited to your level of ability and something that you ENJOY! There is nothing worse than doing a workout you hate! You won't give it your all and you're less likely to want to work out again the next time. Check out our full range of structured programs by 👉🏽 clicking here! 👈🏽


🍴 Be mindful of your eating habits. Are you eating when you're hungry, stopping when you're full? Are you eating because you're bored? What sort of foods are you eating? Are you eating at all? Often individuals can forget to eat altogether some meals simply because they are too busy or forget. Keep that body fueled and be mindful of how you do that.


⚖ Adopt an 80/20 approach to your weekly nutrition. Eat well for 80% of your week using whole and nutritious ingredients and then the other 20% use to enjoy a glass of your favourite tipple, go out for a meal with your friends or have dessert! Find out more about the 80/20 approach to living by 👉🏽 clicking here! 👈🏽


😴 Remember your rest days! This is where the magic happens! Your body rebuilds and regenerates your muscles stronger to allow you to work towards improved fitness abilities and develop that lean and toned look (if that's your thing!).


Monthly 🎯

📸 Re-take your progress pictures and compare! You might notice huge changes in your physique, or more subtle ones! Never underestimate the power of a picture!


📉 If you must weigh, weigh monthly. Try not to get too hung up on the scales as they never tell you the whole picture of your progress. In fact, they tell you hardly anything at all! Instead, measure monthly around your body and complete a fitness test once per month. These are what will tell you exactly how your progress is coming along!


📝 Re-assess your goals, write them down and make a plan for the next 4 weeks. Regularly re-visiting out goals can help us to ensure that we are taking action to work towards them. If you've been doing the same thing over and over again and seeing no results, change it up! Use your latest measurements to guide you with where you want the following 4 weeks to take you...


👗 For some, a item of clothing can work as brilliant motivation to get them to where they want to be. Therefore having a specific piece of clothing in mind to keep re-visiting each month will allow you to see how close you are to fitting into that piece! You might surprise yourself with how quickly you achieve this!


And there you have it! Small, achievable and realistic actions your can aim towards each month to help you reach your own goals!


👉🏽 Want to access your own bank of pocket PTs to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and support you with your achievable goals? Click here to start your membership today! 👈🏽

Gem Blight
Mindset & Motivational Blogger

Sign up to our newsletters

Marketing by
Releated Articles

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing