Did your last meal leave you with a swollen bloated stomach? If so, you must be experiencing symptoms such as stiffness, pain, discomfort, nausea, vomiting, belching or flatulence. It could be something you ate or simply the large portion size that is causing the abdominal bloating. Whatever the case may be, when the stomach starts hurting and you feel like you cannot breathe, finding relief may feel like priority number one! Contrary to what you might think, the best thing for bloated stomach is exercise. Here are some quick anti-bloat workouts that improve blood flow, promote circulation, release gas and banish bloating!
1. Start with some cardio for bloated stomach problems
Bloated stomach and weight gain are often correlated. Bloating not only makes your stomach appear larger, but it can also make you feel heavier. Whether you are feeling bloated or have actually put on a few pounds, cardio exercises would be the ideal solution. A brisk jog, a long walk or a nice bike ride can help your digestive system to function better. It may help you pass gas, which will reduce pressure and relieve bloating. You can also try swimming, stair-climbing and step aerobics. Start with a 10 minute workout and then slowly increase the time to reduce your big bloated stomach.
2. Go for core training if your always bloated
Having an over bloated stomach can make you feel self-conscious about your overall appearance. Thankfully, you can try core training to focus on the problem area, while also reducing the symptoms. Some common exercises you can do are pelvic lifts, pelvic tilts, bicycle manoeuvre, crunches, and sit-ups. Doing abdominal exercises may seem more difficult while you are feeling bloated. However, you should push yourself to do at least three sets of each exercise with 12 reps. Doing this workout 2-3 times every week should help reduce the signs of bloated stomach.
3. Try yoga poses for bloated stomach
You cannot ignore yoga when talking about tips for bloated stomach relief. Even a 10-15 minute workout can improve digestion, help you pass gas and alleviate your symptoms significantly. Even those who suffer from chronic bowel disorders such as Crohn's disease have found yoga to be a helpful remedy for abdominal discomfort and pain. Here are some of the yoga poses that you can try to get relief from a sore bloated stomach:
- Apanasana - When translated, it means "wind-relieving" pose. So, it is clear that this yoga helps to release gas. To practice this pose, you need to lie on your back and bring your knees to your chest. Then rock your body gently to massage your lower back. Keep your left leg straight on the ground while lifting your right leg and vice versa. You need to hold the pose for ten breaths and then switch legs.
- Twisting Child's Pose - Forward folds are known to be pacifying and soothing. This pose is highly effective for bloated stomach as it relieves stomach pain. When doing this pose, you need to place your hands on two blocks and keep them should-distance apart. Do a Child's pose, while lowering your hips on your heels. Use a block and place your head on it. It will keep your neck properly aligned. Then you need to crawl your hands and bring them to your left knee. Hold the position for 10-15 breaths and switch sides.
Poor dietary habits, lack of exercise and lifestyle choices can all contribute to a abdominal bloating. However, sometimes having a bloated stomach is sign of a more serious ailment. If you have bloated stomach for days with no apparent reason, it would be best to see a doctor.👉🏽 Want to find out more about Intermittent Fasting and 30 Day Get Lean? Click here to sign up to your free trial of Fitness Food and Mindset now! 👈🏽