I don't know about you, but here at RWL HQ, we just LOVE Halloween!
Getting dressed up in a creepy costume; enjoying a wintry warmer for dinner; cosy-ing up on the sofa with a freaky film and some themed nibbles is just the perfect way to spend Halloween night!
Here are some of our brand new spooky sweets and tempting treats to keep you focused on your goals while enjoying witching hour this Halloween...
1.4 kg pumpkin
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 litre vegetable stock
60ml single cream
- Preheat oven to 200°c and line a baking tray with parchment. Halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice each halve into quarters, pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into a small bowl and begin to lightly brush each piece with oil.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until golden and soft then set a side to cool a little.
- While the pumpkin is cooling, add the other tbsp of oil a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent (around 10 minutes).
- While the onion and garlic is cooking, run a sharp knife under the skin of each pumpkin piece to remove.
- Add the pumpkin flesh, cinnamon, mixed spice, cayenne pepper, and black pepper and stir to break up the pumpkin a little.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, pour in the cream and stir through.
- Either use a stick blender and blend the soup until smooth, or allow the soup to cool then blitz in batches in a blender.
To make this recipe vegan, swap the single cream for coconut milk