Avocado is the ultimate food trend now, isn't it? It deserves to stay at the top of that food fashion pedestal because it's so yummy! Plus, avocados contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E and Vitamin B5 and B6. They are also a great source of monounsaturated fats and fibre. Since summer is approaching we though to give you our lime avocado recipe from our BBQ section:
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
Virgin olive oil
2 limes, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper to season
1) Cut each avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
2) Brush with the olive oil, then squeeze lime juice generously on top.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Place the cut side down on a medium-high heat grill or bbq and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until warm and char marks appear.
5) Slide a spatula between the avocado and the grill as it helps to separate it without squashing it.