o 250 grams lamb mince.
o 1 teaspoon cumin.
o 1 teaspoon coriander.
o 1 garlic clove, crushed.
o 1 red onion, finely chopped.
o 2 wholemeal pitta breads.
o 2 tomatoes, sliced.
o 1/3 cucumber, sliced.
o 1/2 white cabbage, sliced thinly.
o 1/2 small white onion, sliced thinly.
o Hot sauce to taste.
1. Pre heat oven to 180c.
2. Place mince with the cumin, coriander, garlic and red onion into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Place the meat onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Take another piece of baking paper and place over the top of the meat applying slight pressure to spread the meat out to around 1 cm thick
4. Carefully remove the top layer of paper and cook in the oven for 15-20 mins on 180 degrees until the meat is cooked through and browned on the outside. If you wish your pitta to be warm add it to the oven for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
5. In the mean time in a bowl mix the tomato, cucumber, cabbage, onion, and hot sauce (if using).
6. When the meat is browned slice it into strips and then place in the pitta with the salad.