Results with Lucy Limited (Company Number: 08545435) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Results With Lucy Limited of 7 – 11 Nelson Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 1EH (Data Protection Register Number: ZA006160.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our site resultswithlucy.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion via our site, and further if you report a problem with our site. Please note that we do not ask users to provide sensitive personal data (such as information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and physical and mental health or condition). However, if you reveal such information in emails or other communications hosted by our site, you are consenting to this sensitive personal data being collected and processed by us. If you do not want us to do so, please do not include such information in your communications to, or through, our site;
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we (or parties engaged by us, from time to time) use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
• details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
As indicated above, some of the information collected may be personal (such as your name address, email address, phone number), however, you will be informed at each information collection stage what information is required and what is optional.
We will never keep a record of any credit or debit card information that you may provide to us in purchasing goods or services from our site.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns only, and (in most cases) changes each time you access the internet, rather than being unique to each particular user.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Please note that on many of the pages of the site you will see ‘social buttons’ or other content provided by third parties. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages (and include Twitter, Facebook ‘Like’ and LinkedIn ‘Share’ amongst others). You should be aware that the sites associated with these ‘social buttons’ or other content are likely to be collecting information about you. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to carry out our obligations in operating our site and arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties (from time to time) to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate your wishes using the relevant tick-boxes on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they wish to target. Additionally, we may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Except as otherwise stated, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Results With Lucy Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• in the event you give us permission to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 7 – 11 Nelson Street, Southend, SS1 1EH.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name: cc_all
Used By: All areas of the site
Purpose: This cookie is used to record if a visitor has seen the cookie notification bar.
Cookie Name: PHPSESSID
Used By: All areas of the site
Purpose: We use a session cookie to remember your details when you decide to contact or interact with specific areas of the website. These we deem strictly necessary to the operation of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Cookie Name: utma, utmb, utmc, utmz
Used By: Google Analytics, in all areas of the site.
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from geographically, the pages they have visited and the devices and browsers that a given visitor is using.
How to reject or delete this cookie
Functional (inc. Social Media)
Cookie Name: Cookies from various social media sites including addthis.com, facebook.com, twitter.com
Used By: All areas of the site
Purpose: Allow members of various Social Media websites the ability to like, share and bookmark various pages within resultswithlucy.com.
You can find out how to do block these cookies for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.